Whether you are updating in preparation to sell your home, or just want a fresh look, here are 8 ways to update your bathroom on a budget:
- Paint the walls. A fresh coat of paint can liven up any room, especially a bathroom, and is all DIY. If you are selling your home, make sure to keep the color neutral.
- Replace the mirror. With all the choices these days, you can go small, over-sized, add a medicine cabinet, put a frame around it, etc.
- Replace grout and caulking. Caulking wears away, as does grout. Both get dirty, moldy, and just plain unsightly. It’s easy to replace both when necessary, especially to give things a fresh look.
- Change light fixtures. Light fixtures are simple to change out with all the selections they have a the home improvement stores. You can give your bathroom more light, recessed lighting, and mood lighting depending on what look you want to give it.
- Add or change out a vanity. If your bathroom does not currently have a vanity, add one with storage and change the whole look of the room.
- Refinish the tub. There are kits that can be purchased to do this yourself, or you can save yourself the headaches and hire a professional.
- Replace the toilet seat. With just a screwdriver, you can replace the toilet seat and make things look brand spanking new.
- Replace the plumbing fixtures. Simply changing out the sink faucet will give your bathroom a much needed updated look if it’s been a few years.
As you can see, simple updates don’t take a lot of money and can reap big rewards for yourself or in the sale of your home.
If you are ready to sell your home and would like a fresh perspective on what upgrades would put more money in your pocket or help your home sell faster, give Sonja a call at 661-979-9000 or email her at [email protected] to schedule an appointment for her to come out and appraise your home.